Philip Harris ConflictDaily.com 27 April 2017
This is a breakdown of some of the questionable and known Israeli airstrikes and attacks that have hit Syrian soil since the Syrian civil war broke out. The tempo does seem to be rising.
Israel states that it is in the whole interest of the Israeli population to prevent advanced weapons and missiles from entering the hands of the terrorist organization Hezbollah. They receive these weapons from state sponsors like Iran and Syria being the main allies of Hezbollah. Although, one can determine that Russia is in a form, an ally of Hezbollah.
- 27 April 2017: Suspected Air Strike on Hezbollah weapons depot near Damascus Military Air Port.
- 23 April 2017: Israeli attack near Golan Heights that killed Syrian pro-government NDF fighter. (NDF = National Defense Forces)
- 19 March 2017: Syrian government reports that the IAF with a drone killed the Syrian Government’s commander of their air defenses. Israels responded to Syria who is threatening to fire missiles at IAF jets by saying, the IAF “will not hesitate” to destroy the Syria air defenses.
- 17 March 2017: Israel admitted to attacking several targets inside of Syria while saying its air defense system shot down one Syrian missile that fired on Israeli air craft. This was when Syria said it will shoot down any IAF on any future attacks.
- 22 February 2017: IAF bombs Syrian air bases near Damascus and Hezbollah vehicles in the same area
- 12 January 2017: The Syrian government accused the Israeli navy of firing at the Mezzeh air base in Syria.
- 30 November 2016: Syrian military states the Israeli military fired missiles into towns west of Damascus.
- 19 December 2015: The IAf tracked Samir Qantar, a famous Hezbollah commander who murdered innocent Israeli civilians but was released from prison in a prisoner swap deal. The Israeli military fired missiles near Damascus killing Qantar and nine other Hezbollah fighters.
- 18 January 2015: Israeli war planes struck a gathering of enemy military officers near the Golan Heights, killing six Hezbollah fighters, multiple Iranian soldiers and one Iranian General that were trying to then and still currently attempting to create a front against Israel in the Golan.
The pattern has emerged and it can be determined that the tempo of strikes inside Syria from the Israeli military have picked up in line with Israel’s “red line” of preventing an enemy terrorist front on it Golan border. All of this being on top of the enemy terrorist front already inside Lebanon.